I've had trouble with my skin for years. Tiny bumps all over my face that would take forever to go away only to be replaced by new ones. I tried everything from Proactive to prescription medications to get my skin to a level that I'm comfortable with, but nothing worked. I would stress out about my skin issues which would result in more skin issues and the cycle would continue. I've finally found the products that have been life-changers and I'm ready to share them with you.
The skincare line that has changed the texture and clarity of my skin is OBAGI's Clenziderm line. Henagan Team Dentistry in New Iberia, La offers the entire OBAGI product lineup. My mom began using it when they first started offering it (she works there), and put lots of effort into persuading me to try it out until I finally gave in and started using it in October 2015. Four months later, I refuse to use anything else on my face. I wish I had before and after photos to show you, but I was too embarrassed of the condition of my skin before I started this regime to take any makeup-free photos.
In addition to the Clenziderm products, I use an eyemakeup remover (UP & UP Target brand), a spot treatment (Mario Badescu), an exfoliating peel (Mario Badescu), and an eye cream (Amore Pacific).
Here's how I use them...
1. UP & UP Eyemakeup Remover-Before I do anything, I remove my eyemakeup with a little of this makeup remover on a cotton pad.
2. Clenziderm M.D. Daily Care Foaming Cleanser-I wash my face with the cleanser in the shower. First, I use a clean, wet rag to remove as much makup as possible. Then, I cleanse and rinse.
3. Mario Badescu Enzyme Revitalizing Mask-I've only used this product once so far, so I can't really tell you if it's magical or not. I only use an exfoliator when I notice my skin getting flakey and dry, so this isn't something I use daily.
4. Clenziderm M.D. Pore Therapy-I pump this onto a cotton pad a wipe it over my entire face.
5. OBAGI Medical Hydrate Luxe Moisture-Rich Cream-I use a very VERY VERY small amount of moisturizer on my face each night.
6. Amore Pacific Time Response Eye Renewal Creme-Same goes for eye cream. I just barely dip my finger into the pot and dab under my eyes to keep the delicate skin moisturized. I received this one in a Birchbox a while back. I'm not very particular about which one I use just yet.
7. Clenziderm M.D. Therapeutic Lotion-I use this only on breakouts and a very small amount goes a long way. This stuff can burn a little, but it's not terrible.
8. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion-Once #7 is dry, I use a q-tip to put pink dots of this on all my blemishes. They are usually dried out by morning.
All of the above steps are done before I go to bed at night. All I do in the morning, before applying my makeup is wipe my face with a damp washcloth and occasionally moisturize if I feel like I need it. I've found this to be the best for my skin, however, you can use the entire three step Clenziderm system both morning and night, if that works for you.
Warning: the first few weeks of using this Clenziderm system made my skin terribly dry, flakey, and broken out. It got to the point of me crying on the phone with my mom about how miserable it was, but I stuck it out like she told me to, and it got a million percent better, so if you experience the same problems at first, keep going. It's got to get out all the bad stuff before it clears you up.
Feel free to stop by or email Henagan Team Dentistry to talk to someone about starting the system that may work best for you! Tell them I sent you!
600 Rue de Lion
New Iberia, LA 70563