Let me begin this post by saying, "I am NO makeup artist." I have learned the little that I do know from my mom, my talented little sister, and YouTube. Nonetheless, I always find it interesting to see what's in my friends' makeup bags, so I'll give you a peak into mine.
I do love fashion, and I enjoy getting dressed each day. I think that adding makeup (however much or little I feel like using) is a great way to add that finishing touch to my look of the day.
I don't use all of these items every single day. Sometimes, I use very few...sometimes, I use more than just these. These are the items that are currently (and have been for a few weeks) calling my makeup bag "home".
As you can see, I really use my products..they aren't all shiny and new. I use them till I can't (or shouldn't) use them anymore.
1. Sephora Neutrals Palette *similar-this is definitely way too old, and I should have thrown it out a long time ago...maybe I'll do that now
2. Mac Fascinating Ruby: 6 Smokey Eyes Palette *similar-see above comment about needing to get rid of this, oops.
3. Make Up Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara-Mine is a sample size, obviously, but it's nice..I don't think I'd buy the full version though (I'd rather buy clothes).
4. NYX High Definition Eye Shadow Base-I've purchased this stuff over and over again..just as good as the high-end stuff, in my opinion.
5. Victoria's Secret Luminous Cheek & Face Highlighter *similar-I got this at the semi-annual sale this year and I really like it.
6. Mally Ultimate Performance Liquid Foundation-I have super sensitive skin and this hasn't broken me out, so I think I've found my new favorite, people!
7. e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit- I'm not great with eyebrows. Mine aren't very high-maintenance. I use the dark brown wax in this kit to keep my brows in place and that's as good as it gets.
8. NYX Above & Beyond Full Coverage Concealer *similar-I have dark circles under my eyes, to say the least. This stuff is great for covering them up, but don't use too much (of anything really) or your under-eye area will be cake city.
9. Inglot Shadows-I honestly don't even know what colors these are. I just got these in Dallas last weekend, but I really like them so far.
10. Mac Bronzing Powder-I was hesitant to try this because of my sensitive skin, but my sister uses this and really likes it so I tried it and I really like it. No breakouts because of this.
11. NYX Collection Noir Skinny Black Liner-I'm not particular about my eyeliner (I don't even wear it all the time). So if it's black and doesn't transfer, it's fine for me, and this one does the trick when I feel like lining my peepers.
12. Mac Sheertone Blush in Gingerly-I've been loving a natural blush color for a while now and this is the perfect one for my skintone.
13. Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Ivory-This color is matte and great for highlighting my brow bone just a bit. I don't like a shiny highlight.
14. Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Sand-I use this color for my lids pretty much daily.
15. Mac Pro Longwear Eyeshadow in Make Your Mark-This is a rich chocolate brown I use to darken the outer corner of my eyes if I feel like adding a little drama to my makeup look.
16. Mally Perfect Prep Under Eye Brightener-I top my concealer off with this brightener. I don't notice much of a difference, but I do it just to feel like it helps. Haha.
17. Covergirl Lip Perfection Liner in Radiant-I don't use this every day, but when I'm feeling a pink lip, this is my favorite one to use. It's such a pretty (not overly bright) pink.
As far as brushes go, I use a combination of these every day. I wash them (probably not often enough-geez I'm airing out all my beauty dirty laundry today, aren't I?) but as you can see, I did not wash them today.
1. Tweezerman Blemish Extraction Tool-enough said.
2. Tweezers (I don't remember the brand) *similar-This and the next tool is the only maintenance my poor brows get at the moment.
3. Cuticle scissors *similar-I use these to trim my brows (I don't need to do this often).
4. Real Techniques Powder Brush-I love this for applying bronzer all over my face..basically setting my foundation with a matte bronzer (just a tad darker than my natural skin color).
5. Eco-tools Blush Brush**-it does the job. I'm not picky.
6. Bare Minerals Face Brush-This came in a starter kit, but I use it to blend all my face products once I'm done with foundation, bronzer, and blush.
7. Travel sized Mac blending brush *similar-This came in a kit I got for Christmas a long time ago. I never put this brush into product. I only use it to blend my colors out on my eyes.
8. Double ended small and large eyeshadow brush?? *similar-I got this at Walmart years ago. I don't even know what it's called (I told you I'm not a makeup artist) but I use the small side to darken the outer corners of my eyes and the larger side to blend that darker color in with my lid color.
9. Eco-tools Flat Shader Brush**-I use this for my lid color...that's all.
10. Eco-tools Precision brush**-I'll be honest, I made that name up because I don't know what this is either. I use it to apply the highlight color to my brow bone.
11. Eco-tools Angled Liner Brush**-When I do wear eyeliner, I tap this brush into black powder shadow and run it over my eyeliner to make sure it doesn't budge.
12. Eco-tools Large Shader Brush**-I made that name up, too. Don't judge. I usually just use this brush when I'm lazy and only feel like applying one color all over my lids.
13. Eco-tools Blending Brush**-I use this one to deepen the crease of my eyes.
14. Revlon Eyelash Curler *similar-I don't use this thing daily..only when I don't mind pinching my eyelids a little. It's not the curler's fault..I'm just not coordinated even enough to curl my lashes I suppose.
**Here are two brush sets by Eco-tools that you can probably find similar brushes in. I purchased all my Eco-tools brushes in kits a very long time ago.
There you have it, folks. This is where all the glitz and glamour comes from...just kidding. But really this is my stuff..my not-so-cool but totally real makeup bag. Feel free to give me tips and tricks if you have them! I'd love to get better at this!
Blush, mascara, and lip color,
PS-My friend, Cady, got me this makeup bag and two smaller versions for Christmas one year. I don't know where she got them, but here's a cute one by Trina.