Disclaimer: I am NOT a cook! I'm terrible actually! But let me tell you...the recipe I am about to share with you is the only thing I can truly cook and actually love eating! This is quite different from my usual fashion posts, but when I love something, I think it's wrong not to share it with my readers(; The best part about this recipe is that there's really not much "cooking" involved because it's a slow cooker recipe!
What's a better comfort food during the cold months than soup? For me, it's nothing. I love hot soup all year round but especially when it's chilly out in fall and winter! So here we go...you can thank me later.
Background Source: Google Images
-1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-approx. 6 cups chicken broth
-1 cup to 1 1/2 cups salsa
-1 pkt. taco seasoning (I sometimes use more than just 1 pkt because I like the extra flavor)
-1 can diced tomatoes (drained)
-2 cans whole kernel corn (drained)
-1 can black beans (drained)
-1 can red kidney beans (drained)
1. Turn your slow cooker on the high setting to let it heat up.Cut all fat (if any) from chicken breasts and season to your liking. I use Tony Chachere Seasoning. Then, place the seasoned chicken into the heated slow cooker and cover. Let the chicken cook for about 4 hours.
2. Once chicken is completely cooked, start shredding. I usually just use two forks to break it all up into shreds.
3. Add all ingredients except for the chicken broth first. Once all ingredients are in, fill the pot up with the broth. It make take less than 6 cups depending on the size of your pot.
4. Let the soup cook for about 3 hours. I think the longer it cooks, the better it tastes because it allows all the ingredients to become nice and tender.
5. I serve mine with a little shredded cheese sprinkled over my bowl because it's delicious(: And remember, you can't mess this up. Add more or less of whatever ingredients you want to.
**best served with a Netflix marathon and cozy socks.
There you have it. I can't tell you how much a girl who can't cook benefits from a CrockPot. Best investment ever! They aren't even that expensive! #ilovemycrockpot #sorrynotsorry
Comfort food, cozy nights, and cooking for dummies.
PS-Let me know if you try my recipe and how it turns out. Tag your Instagram pics with @thelifeofalady and #ladystacosoup. Tune in for the next time I whip up this deliciousness to see my InstaPics(;
& if you want to try more taco soup recipes, this one from AllRecipes seems good too. I might have to try it out.
Facebook: The Life of a Lady