Every new year, along with the rest of the world, I set personal goals for myself. Today, I'm sharing a few (not all) of them with you in today's post to serve as a little inspiration for some things that you might like to shoot for in 2016.
I like to use a few categories as my starting points when making my list of goals.
1. Save $X in my emergency fund.-Dave Ramsey says to have a minimum of $1,000 in an emergency fund that goes untouched...unless its an emergency, obvs. You can choose however much you like.
2. Get student loan down to $X.-I always try to get my loan down to less than what the minimum payments would get me to. Student loans are no joke and the faster I can get mine out of the way, the better. If you don't have any student loans (lucky you), you can do this for things like your car note or house note, etc.
Health, Fitness, & Beauty:
I try to avoid the stereotypical lose weight, go to the gym every day, eat only salad goals here merely because those never pan out for me.
3. Cook at least two healthy meals per week at home.-This probably seems like nothing to you, but I eat frozen meals because cooking is not my thing whatsoever. This is a legit goal for me. You may have something different.
This is wear I throw things in that I've always wanted to do. Adventures. Because we can all use a little (or a lot of) adventure in our lives.
4. Visit a city I never have before. -This one makes my list every year. It's an easy one to tackle but it motivates me to do a little traveling no matter how close or far from home this city may be.
If you aren't a blogger, you can obviously skip this one, but I like to set goals for myself in this area to keep me motivated and pursuing my dreams.
5. Get a web host.
6. Get a permanent logo that I love.
7. Reach 1200 followers on Instagram.-This doesn't seem like much and the number shouldn't matter, but it's nice to see it creep up.
8. Reach 500 likes on Facebook.
I've recently gotten into this hobby and I'm in love.
9. Get better equipment.
10. Get LLC.
11. Photograph the following: a couple in love, best friends, a couple married more than 20 years, newlyweds, brothers and sisters, an entire extended family.
These goals are personal for everyone so I will not be sharing these, but the category is important nonetheless, so I'm including it.
Have a safe and happy New Year, pretty people!